Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Feta Cheeze for Amanda Pleeze

Lately, my cheese gone vegan addiction has hit the highest of highs. I know, it's bad, but sauces, soups, and condiments are my favorite things to recreate, because they can make any food taste amazing! I was instantly inspired to create something vegan after going to see "Vegucated" at our student union, the Hub. This one I have been wanting to do for awhile, considering the fact that if I liked any cheese, it was feta. And to top off this little story, feta is one of my closest friends' favorite cheese (she basically studied abroad at Greece for it!). So here ya go Amanda, not only does this taste better than feta, but it's sooooooo much cheesier. #Supersmashclub


Feta Cheeze
1 block x-tra firm tofu
2 T filtered water
1 teaspoon Himalayan Sea Salt
2 Tablespoons White Miso Paste
2 teaspoons Herbes De Provence (My favorite!)
1/4 cup Red Wine Vinegar
Juice of 1 Lemon
1 1/2 T Nutritional Yeast

1) Crumble tofu in a mixing bowl
2) Pour in all the other ingredients except your nutritional yeast
3) "Fold" - or mix all your ingredients together until it is coating your tofu crumbles
4) Let it sit for 15 minutes, then sprinkle on nutritional yeast to your desired consistency.
Ed weeks- If you see my blog, please find me and marry me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment