Sunday, September 16, 2012

Cucumber and Tomato salad with 'rawnch' dressing




This recipe, is LONG past due! I've been meaning to put it up for quite some time but kept forgetting! Definitely, this one is well kept in my recipe book. My mom loves it extraordinarily so! In our garden, we have tomatoes growing as well as something called a "cucumber melon"- some type of misguided hybrid we created. woops. Well anywayyyzzzz, I wanted to make a cucumber salad with this cumbermelon. I've been dying to create a ranch dressing, and I finally did it EEEEEEE ^.^ 

Although this is probably a great summer recipe, I dare you to at least try to make the ranch dressing. It's too heavenly to pass up

Also another little tidbit- in my recipe, I use tarragon instead of dill (which is the usual for ranch dressing). I only did this because I had a terrible experience with dill one time and I refuse to ever use it again! The taste still scars me. Tarragon is a great option because it is subtler in the licorice taste. However, if you want to use dill- go for it! But for dill, use fresh!

Creamy Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Rawnch Dressing
vegan~glutenfree~can be made raw!

 For the Rawnch
1 block silken tofu (or a recipe of cashew cream if you want it raw!)
2 cloves garlic
1 teaspoon celtic sea salt
4-5 tablespoons dried tarragon, or 2-3 tablespoons of fresh dill

Puree all of the ingredients in a food processor. Voila! You have the easiest rawnch dressing that is gluten free and vegan!

For the Cucumber & Tomato Salad
5 tomatoes (we had some awesome plum tomatoes!), chopped 
2 cucumbers (or if you actually have cucumber melons, those work too!), chopped
3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar

1) Put your chopped tomatoes, cucumbers and three tablespoons ACV into a medium sized mixing bowl. Combine, and let it marinate for approximately 1 hour (you should do this before making the ranch). 
2) Once it is done marinating, drain the vinegar really well then mix in the dressing (you might have some leftover- which is great for other uses!)
3) Let it chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes, before you serve it!


Monsieur Iggy helping his mommy clean out the lint catcher while I do laundry- ISN'T HE THE BEST?!

No comments:

Post a Comment