Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Nutrition and Fitness

It's been so beautiful in the Poconos- the weather has been tremendous! I have been running extraordinary amounts of miles lately, and the Poconos is the best place to be able to go on a run and find so many different trails. This one is my favorite- it's really tough because going back home on it is uphill. oye. But hey- look at this scenery! Can't get enough of it on my morning runs!
Work has been so time-consuming lately and not only have I found it so hard to keep a balanced diet, but I've obviously been slacking on making food :[. I work 10:30-7:30 usually, and by the time I get home from work I am so exhausted and don't have the time to be able to eat a decent meal. It's frustrating! And as for breakfast- my main go-to has been my protein smoothie. It is similar to my Berry Banana Flax Smoothie, but it has a secret ingredient that is about to be not-so-secret- HEMP SEEDS! Hemp seeds are an amazing source of protein, and have a superb omega 3 to omega 6 ratio that is hard to find for us herbyvores. It's protein rich, and perfect to replenish those muscles after an intense workout.




Hemp Chocolate Protein Smoothie
serves 1
1/4 cup blueberries
 1 banana, halved
1 cup whole soy blueberry yogurt
2 scoops chocolate soy protein powder
2 tablespoons flax seeds
2 tablespoons hemp seeds, hulled 
1 cup ice (optional)

place all ingredients into a blender and mix until smooth 

My typical salad at work- fire roasted corn, roasted red peppers, cherry tomatoes, matchstick carrots with balsamic dressing and an apple and larabar. And to the right? just an occasional orange rind in my hair. No biggy :]

No comments:

Post a Comment