Friday, June 8, 2012

Raw Taco Boats

Happy Friday everybody! I'm going to have to make this short and sweet because this weekend Bill and I have off so we are going to visit his family. And it's also Friday and beautiful out and Nascar weekend so we need to head out asap! 

Bill had a half day of work, and wanted me to make him some grub before we headed out. Usually when he goes out of his way to ask me to make food, it usually means that he doesn't want a fried, fatty, processed food filled with meat and gluten. So I instantly hopped on this opportunity to make us a light little lunch! 

Recently, I've been fascinated with the Raw Food Diet, and I've been testing out a few recipes here and there to see how it is, and it's not bad at all! However, my current arch enemy has to be potato chips, because they are everywhere in my house and I can't get enough of them !

This recipe was inspired by a post in the blog Pickles n Honey - with my little twist to things!


Raw Taco Boats
Serves 2
1 cup chopped walnuts
2 Tablespoons Chili Powder (I use mexican chili powder)
1 Tablespoon Cumin
2 Tablespoons Namashayo Coconut Aminos
6 Vine-Ripe tomatoes, sliced 
White of 1 scallion, sliced
1/4 cup carrots, sliced
2 handfuls bean sprouts
2 romaine heart lettuce leaves

Mix walnuts, Chili Powder, Cumin and Coconut Aminos together and set aside
To set up: place your walnut mixture, scallions, carrots, tomatoes and bean sprouts in your lettuce boat 

Rockstars interpretation of Downward Dog :D

No comments:

Post a Comment