Sunday, June 17, 2012

Fruitastic Weekend!

The weekend could NOT have gotten more beautiful! It was such a lovely weekend! Although I worked both days this weekend, I did not let it stop me from enjoying the sun. I enjoyed so many smoothies outside, while reading some awesome cookbooks that I got and trying to read the Hunger Games. I'm so lucky I'm an early bird- that way I can wake up, enjoy a refreshing smoothie, go on a run all before work and STILL have time for a shower! 


I feel like I talk so much about food, that I forget to talk about the fitness side of me. I work out approximately 5 days (sometimes 6) a week- running every other day and doing some weights on the days in between. Usually, I take Sunday as my freebie day. I run approximately 7-8 miles at the moment, working on 13 miles for my HALF MARATHON! It's scary thought .. 13 miles?! phew. I love to run-it is something I began to have a love for recently. Back in the days before my Celiac Disease, I always thought I had some sort of asthma. Always athletic, but I was terrible when it came to running. Ever since I found out about the Celiac Disease, I have had a clearer mind and I can run for miles on miles and feel great! In order to be able to also do this, nutrition and a healthy diet is CRUCIAL! Usually, I have my smoothies after my runs. In my smoothies, I add some protein powder to keep my muscles retained rather than hurting! I have terrible knees due to my long love for basketball, so they hit hard when I run. But hey, they are troopers just like I am, and take the brunt of the pain! Here is one of my many smoothie recipes. This one I especially love because it uses fresh fruit and fruit that you will most likely have at local grocery stores!


Berry Banana Flax Smoothie
Serves 1
  • 1 Banana, halved
  • 5 Strawberries, cut in quarters
  • 1/4 Cup Blueberries
  • 8 blackberries
  • 1 scoop Soy Protein Powder (vanilla flavor)
  • 2 Tablespoons Flax Seeds
Combine all into a blender and mix until smooth.

mmmmmm- this is all in my smoothie except I just ate it like yogurt :] enjoy VegNews special yayyy!


No comments:

Post a Comment