Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Chocolate Banana Chip Munchkins

Instead of going out to eat, Bill and I decided that we would just get takeout from one of our favorite places- le sushi! This sushi place is prime time because it has many vegetable sushi rolls, as well as raw fish for Bill, and the people know us well enough that they cater to my diet. Usually, we will get a bunch of rolls made by them and I'll trust them enough to make some really good rolls for the both of us. They never cease to deliver. Of course Bill and I can't be serious about anything and just made faces for the full 20 minutes waiting for our sushi. 
Anywayyysss work has been kicking my bootay lately and I've been working so many hours and haven't had much downtime. One thing I've been doing good at is waking up early and working out before work. This makes me feel so much better a because it's one less stress I don't have to worry about accomplishing when I come home from work! I'm just really lucky Bill wakes up at 6:30AM for work- otherwise I probably wouldn't have the willpower to wake up in the AM. 
After my workouts, I need something to hold me down and build up my protein. I don't like to eat a really big meal after my workouts but I definitely need something to hold me down for a little. Meet these baby munchkins. They are so delicious and are so amazing, I ate them up really fast! And the best part is that they are raw, gluten free, vegan and sooo simple! Friends I give you one of my greatest, most luxurious recipe: my chocolate banana chip munckins!
Makes 12 
16 Mejdool Dates, chopped
1 cup Banana Chips
1/2 cup fresh almond pulp from almond milk (or almond meal)
1/2 cup raw pecans
pinch cinnamon
pinch ground nutmeg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract or 1 vanilla bean
1 teaspoon celtic sea salt
unsweetened cocoa powder for garnish


1. first, add your pecans and almond pulp to the food processor and process until fine
2. Add in your banana chips and process until chunks
3. Next, add in your cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla extract/bean, celtic sea salt and incorporate
4. In 4 batches add in your Mejdool dates until you get a dough-like consistency.
5. Roll your dough into a ball and place in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
6. Take out your dough and roll into balls. Sift unsweetened cocoa powder and top it with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment