Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Grilling with a veghead- Vegan Pesto Mayo & Asparagi Fries!

The afternoon was so pleasant yesterday, that Bill, my mom and I decided to have a grillout! Poor Billiam has to stick with my mom and I- complete veg heads. The menu for today? Grilled portabello, roasted red peppers, caramelized onions, grilled asparagus and some vegan pesto mayo! Absolute heaven. 

Thank goodness we started our grillout earlier, because it poured an hour later!

Earlier in the morning, I had to go to the dentist for the first time in three years to get my poor wisdom teeth checked out :[ 


Anyways, back to the real talk of the town- the Asparagus with the pesto. Everything about this meal was so simple- all you have to do is grill it and eat it! But this pesto was so decadant, I was dipping my asparagus in it and it satisfied my taste like fries and a special sauce! But, these are even healthier for you!










Vegan Special Sauce
serves 6 

1 cup basil leaves
3 tablespoons veganaise 
Juice 1/2 lemon
a pinch of salt and pepper
1/4 cup pignolis

- add basil leaves, lemon, salt, pepper and pignolis in a food processor (I used a tiny food processor to get the pine nuts extra fine)
- once it is all chopped up,fold in your veganaise, however much you want. I like a more basil taste, so I didn't use as much.
- put it in the refridgerator to get nice and firm and enjoy with anything!
        * use as a salad dressing
        * use as a mayonaisse substitute
        * dip it in asparagus!


And here's some wise words from my dentist :] <3


No comments:

Post a Comment