Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Hangover Homestyle "Diner" Breakfast Potatoes

Now I know it's a Tuesday, but we have Mad Mex Margarita Monday's here at penn state. Let me tell ya- not only does Mad Mex have gluten free and vegan options, but on these Monday's they have $5 22 oz Margaritas with a plethora of flavors. Case and point- I'm so glad I don't have class on Tuesdays. Monday is the only day that I actually drink- ironic I know, but Mad Mex is just my favorite place in the world! And, I have my Tuesday morning breakfast ready to happen.

These breakfast potatoes are so simple, and so delicious, that if you are ever going to make anything from my blog, it has to be these. All you need are baby red potatoes, onions, peppers, salt and pepper, olive oil, and crushed red pepper flakes. Get your oil nice and hot, add in your onions, caramelize them, add in your peppers, then add in your potatoes. Once your potatoes are in, reduce heat from medium-high to medium or medium-low and cook them until they have a nice crisp, brown exterior. season with salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes and you have yourself the greatest diner breakfast potatoes- DINERS will be wanting this simple recipe! Serve them with ANYTHING, I love mine with a Tofu veggie scramble, or just a huge plate of breakfast potatoes on their own! If there's anything that's going to cure the Tuesday Hangovers, it's gonna be a greasy plate

warning- this recipe is probably not your best bet of healthy- if you want healthy, try roasting them instead and lemme know how it goes! I don't have that kinda patience to wait ~45 minutes in the morning for food!

Oh goodness, Iggy already trying to master flip cup!


No comments:

Post a Comment