Thursday, March 29, 2012

Happy Healthy Hump Day!!

Baked Mac and Cheeeeze
Yup, that's right. Baked Mac and Cheeze on happy healthy hump day. Seems impossible, but darling, you.are.WRONG. I made this baked mac for me and bill thinking that it would probably not make a grand appearance until the weekends, when the tastier recipes should be showcasted, but NO. With a little additions here, take out a little there, I give you a mac and cheese you will be pining over!

Now, if you eat this whole casserole of mac and cheese to yourself, then you might stir up some unhealthiness not appropriate for HHHD :P. However, I strongly suggest that you do save some, because leftovers are the greatest!
Look at that spatula! (Bill took this picture and edited it as well- he obviously is jealous of my popularity on my blog..jk lawlz).

Notes!
Some recipe BESTS
1. I used Annie's Elbow macaroni and cheeze, but omitted the cheese pack. 
2. My favorite cheese mixture on this is Daiya pepperjack and cheddar!
3. For the veggies, go for whatever you want! My personal favorites are broccoli and spinach NOMNOM
4. In my recipe, I used a lottalot of breadcrumbs, and althought it was very tasty, I'll probably reduce it to only 1 cup because it took longer to cook. 

Mac and Cheeze Baked Casserole
Serving: 6-8 
Time: approximately 45 minutes

Ingredients
- 1 box of elbow macaroni
- Any cheese you want: I use handfuls of Daiya pepperjack and cheddar shredded cheese!
- 1 cup broccoli, cooked (can be subbed if you want another vegetable!)
- 1 cup spinach, cooked (can be subbed if you want another vegetable!)
- 1 cup gluten free breadcrumbs (I used glutino brand)
- 3 tablespoon of vegan butter
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon ancho chili powder 
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 tablespoon fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper (to taste)

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 400 F and spray a 9x13" casserole dish with cooking spray (make sure your cooking spray is gluten-free! Some might have wheat in it).
2. Cook your macaroni and follow the directions on the box
3. While you are cooking the macaroni, this would be a good time to cook your veggies (I steamed mine)
4. Once the macaroni is cooked, place it in the casserole dish, along with your cooked veggies
5. Mix in the butter, red pepper flakes, paprika, chili powder, coriander, salt and pepper until well incorporated
6. Top it with a HEAPING of your cheeze! (it is macaroni and CHEEZE :] so don't be shy)
7. Sprinkle on your breadcrumbs
8. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, and then set it to broil so the breadcrumbs get nice and toasted (keep an eye on it- the breadcrumbs toast fast!)
9. Once cooked, garnish with parsley and enjoy!

This is from Bill- he wanted me to warn everyone that this little parsley flake is iron-deficient :[. Turfgrass Nutrition 101 <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment