Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Nutella + Brownie + Cookies = Fat Tuesday Heaven


        Today I had to go in for my endoscopy, so I didn't really get a chance to enjoy or create a delicious fat tuesday meal :[ WAH. But I did go out to eat with the momma luzzz- where we decided to go to a creole new orleans restaurant (yup...they have one in state college!). They had a gluten free menu too- I celebrated Fat Tuesday with a vegetable jumbalaya that tasted like beef stew without the beef delicciousss. My mom told me I acted like such a LooneyToon when I woke up from the endoscopy. Lolz. It was my first time being put to sleep and boy was I scared (thank goodness my mom didn't take any pictures of me- I looked like a mess!)
        So when I got home, I made these DELICIOUS cookies. At first, I was planning on making brownies, so I basically whipped up a batch of brownie mix, but then I decided that I wanted to make cookies, so I made brownie cookies! 
          For the nutella, I made my homemade nutella..basically it is toasted hazlenuts, almond milk, and cocoa powder and vanilla with powdered sugar. Here is a recipe that is similar to my homemade Nutella: Better Than Nutella . I love this blog and I follow her religiously, so I'm sure her recipe is divineee! 
Nutella Brownie Cookies makes 18
1 1/4c GF AP Flour (I make my own, but Bob's Red Mill is good too!)
1t Baking Powder
1/2t Kosher Salt
2/3c Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1/2c Canola Oil 
1/2c Cane Sugar
1/2c Brown Sugar
1t Vanilla Extract
1/2t Hazlenut Extract
1/3c Homemade Nutella (or if you don't want it vegan, store bought works!)
1/3c Milk (I used Almond Breeze Vanilla)
1/2c Semisweet Mini Chocolate Chips

1. Whisk together your dry ingredients (Flour, BP, Salt, Cocoa Powder, Cane Sugar) and set aside.
2. On Low-Medium Speed, beat your brown sugar and canola, until creamy.
3. Add your vanilla, hazelnut, and nutella to the brown sugar mixture and mix together
4. Add your flour mixture and milk alternatively (I did 3 parts flour and 2 parts milk)
5. Mix in your chocolate chips. Once fully incporated, put the dough in the refridge for 15 minutes.
6. While the dough is in the refridge, preheat your oven to 325 F. 
7. Take out dough and scoop out mighty balls onto a baking sheet with parchment paper (I did 3 batches of 6)
8. Bake for 15-20 minutes- these cookies are best when they are nice and gooey!
9. Let cool for 10 minutes, and dig in!

No comments:

Post a Comment