Friday, February 10, 2012

Chocoholic Frenzy Friday

7:30pm~ I was in such a chocolate mood today (probably because I just devoured the FN magazine for this month), that I decided to surprise my boyfriend with these delectable little desserts and jazzed them up a bit. Unfortunately, because of the Celiac's Disease I couldn't indulge in these, but my boyfriend said they were "ballin'" (he claims his accent is because he's from philly..even though I am too I don't say ballin'). 
Delishously Decadant Bailey's Chocolate Pudding
For the Pudding
1 packet chocolate pudding
2 1/2 + 12 oz milk (I used vanilla soy!)
5 oz evaporated cane sugar
3/4 oz unsweetened cocoa powder
a pinch of salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon Bailey's Irish Creme

For the Dirt
1 package of Oreo's, taking out the cream
1 package of Gummy Worms
For the Pudding
1. Whisk the chocolate pudding mixture and 2.5 ounces of soy milk and let it "bloom"
2. Add the rest of the soy milk, sugar, cocoa powder, salt, and bailey's in a saucepan over medium heat and mix until the sugar has dissolved
3. Add in the chocolate pudding mixture over medium-low heat and keep on mixing until it begins to become thick and it comes to a full boil probably around 8-10 minutes.
4. Pour into a heat-proof bowl and let it cool on your counter for approximately 15 minutes, then put saran wrap over top of it and place in the refrigerator overnight
The Next Day
5. Put your oreo cookies in a ziploc bag and smash the cookies until they are a fine consistency!
6. Layer your pudding however which way you want it! I put a ton of gummy worms on the bottom (sweet little surprise/reward at the end) and then layered between a heaping amount of cookie crumbs with more gummies and pudding- then enjoy! :]

Banana Cream Chocolate Pudding
 I made this too! But it was actually really terrible- the banana cream pudding mix tasted like baby food :-\ But for this one I followed the instruction on the package, then Bill tasted it and said it was terrible. Then I tried to add a pinch of cinnamon and he said it did no good. Then I added the cookie crumbs into the mixture and he said it made it a little more edible, but he really didn't enjoy haha. So in my opinion- stay away from the banana cream pudding!! 
As for me, I enjoyed these DELICIOUS rice pops...chocolate flavored. They.Are.My.FAVORITE <3



No comments:

Post a Comment